One of Copper Country Senior Meals signature programs is our Congregate Meal Program. We hope you’ll consider joining us for this wonderful program.
Anyone over the age of 60 years old is eligible.
A group of seniors comes together to enjoy a nutritious meal and great company.
Because you will absolutely love it! Seriously. This is a great opportunity to have a fresh, nutritious meal made for you to enjoy with a group of your peers. Below we’ll outline nine great reasons to participate.
Nine Reasons to Visit a Congregate Meal Site
- Your new best friend might be there waiting for you! These meals are a great place to meet others and socialize.
- Coming together every day for a meal is enjoyable, and for some, the group becomes like family!
- Many seniors who regularly attend keep an eye on one another and become concerned when someone is ill or going through a difficult time. They become attached and are very caring for one another!
- Some seniors get tired of cooking for themselves and love the variety of the meals provided each week. If you’re wondering what the meals look like, check out our latest menu! (Please call or talk to us as we do love suggestions.)
- The perfect amount of food. Some seniors have a hard time cooking for one. Often fresh produce goes bad before you can eat it all, or you simply get tired of eating the same meal of leftovers because it’s hard to adjust recipes for one person.
- The meals are tasty and filling. They’re made by hand by our caring chefs everyday in Hancock!
- It’s an affordable way to eat healthy.
- By having a daily event, it will force you to get out of the house even if you don’t feel like going that day. Once you’re out of the house, you’ll almost always be glad you went to the congregate site!
- Attending a congregate meal helps keep you active and moving!
Where and When
The current Congregate Meal Program schedule is below. If you would like to suggest another location for this offering, please contact us.
- Calumet (Park Avenue Apartments; 1 Park Avenue) – Monday through Friday at noon
- Chassell (Chassell Fire Hall; 22115 7th Street) – Wednesdays at noon
- Hancock (Lakeview Manor; 1401 W. Quincy Street) – Monday through Friday at noon
- Lake Linden (Maple Lane Apartments; 210 Calumet Street) – Tuesdays at noon
- Mohawk (Keweenaw Pines; 3183 US Highway 41) – Monday through Friday at noon
Reopening During Global Pandemic
All sites are open for regular gatherings as of July 2021 following guidance and protocols from the Western U.P. Health Department, UPCAP and the Upper Peninsula Area Agency on Aging. Each of the Congregate Meal Sites welcomes mask wearing when possible and appropriate, has enhanced cleaning procedures, and has the availability of hand washing facilities and/or sanitizer. While vaccinations aren’t required by the attendees, many staff and attendees have been vaccinated. We are concerned about everyone’s safety and are proud to offer social situations in as safe of a manner as possible.
If interested in attending, call Copper Country Senior Meals at (906) 483-1155 at least one day in advance to reserve a spot and allow us to send the correct amount of food to each site.
Meals are $5 per person.
Questions? Contact us!
We would love to talk to you about our Congregate Meal Program. Whatever questions you have, we’ll work with you to find the answers and hopefully welcome you to our next meal!
- Call: (906) 483-1155
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org