Congregate Sites | Copper Country Senior Meals
One of Copper Country Senior Meals signature programs is our Congregate Meal Program, also known as Congregate Sites. We hope you’ll consider joining us for a home cooked meal and friendship.
Anyone can attend a Congregate Site. Those over 60 years of age are especially encouraged to attend.
A group of seniors comes together to enjoy a nutritious meal and great company.
Because you will absolutely love it! Seriously. This is a great opportunity to have a fresh, nutritious meal made for you to enjoy with a group of your friends. Below are nine great reasons to participate.
Nine Reasons to Visit a Congregate Site
- Your new best friend might be there waiting for you! These meals are a great place to meet others and socialize.
- Coming together every day for a meal is enjoyable, and for some, the group becomes like family!
- Many seniors who regularly attend keep an eye on one another and become concerned when someone is ill or going through a difficult time. Congregate Sites are a warm and caring community.
- Some seniors get tired of cooking for themselves and love the variety of the meals provided each week. If you’re wondering what the meals look like, check out our latest menu!
- The perfect amount of food. Some seniors have a hard time cooking for one. Often fresh produce goes bad before it’s eaten or one simply gets tired of eating the same meal of leftovers because it’s hard to adjust recipes for one person.
- The meals are tasty and filling. They’re made from scratch by our caring chefs in Hancock and Calumet kitchens!
- It’s an affordable way to eat healthy.
- By having a daily event, it’s an encouragement to get out of the house, even if you don’t feel like going that day. Once you’re out of the house, you’ll be glad you went!
- Attending a Congregate Site helps keep you active and moving – a key component for brain and body health!
Where and When
The current Congregate Site schedule is below.
- Calumet (Park Avenue Apartments; 1 Park Avenue) – Monday through Friday at noon
- Chassell (Chassell Fire Hall; 22115 7th Street) – Mondays and Wednesdays at noon
- Hancock (Lakeview Manor; 1401 W. Quincy Street) – Monday through Friday at noon
- Lake Linden (Maple Lane; 210 Calumet Street) – Tuesdays at noon
- Mohawk (Keweenaw Pines; 3183 US Highway 41) – Monday through Friday at noon
Meals are $4 for those over age 60 and $5 for anyone under age 60.
If interested in attending, call Copper Country Senior Meals at (906) 483-1155 at least one day in advance to reserve a spot and allow us to send the correct amount of food to each site.
Questions? Contact us!
We would love to talk to you about our Congregate Meal Program. Whatever questions you have, we’ll work with you to find the answers and hopefully welcome you to our next meal!
- Call: (906) 483-1155
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org