Any senior who is at least 60 years of age or if you are 55 years of age and a member of a Michigan Federally recognized tribe or urban tribe who meets the income requirements is eligible to receive $20 worth of coupons. Income guidelines are $23,828 for one person per household or if there are two people it is $32,227 per year. These coupons may be used at Farmers Markets that accept Project Fresh coupons in Michigan. If you are interested in signing up, please come to one of the sites.
- Tuesday, June 7, 9 a.m. – Noon at Maple Lane Congregate Site in Lake Linden
- Wednesday, June 8, 9 a.m. – Noon at Chassell Fire Hall in Chassell
- Wednesday, June 8, 2 – 4 p.m. at Laurium Housing Community Room in Laurium
- Thursday, June 9, 9 a.m. – Noon at Calumet Park Avenue Apartment Complex Congregate Site in Calumet
- Thursday, June 9, 1 – 3 p.m. at Keweenaw Pines Community Room in Mohawk
- Friday, June 10, 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. at Lakeview Manor Community Room in Hancock
- Monday, June 13, 2 – 4 p.m. at Heritage Manor Community Room in Houghton
- Tuesday, June 14, 2 – 4 p.m. at Arbor Green Community Room in Houghton
- Wednesday, June 15, 2-4 p.m. at Douglass House Community Room in Houghton
Coupons are available on a first-come first-served basis. If there are any coupons remaining in stock after site distribution dates shown above, they will be available at the MSU Extension office at 1500 Birch St., Hancock between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. beginning Friday, June 17. Please call MSU Extension Office at (906) 482-5830 in advance to ensure the office is open prior to visiting, as office hours can change without prior notice due to programming and staffing.
You can learn more about the Project Fresh program on the Michigan Department of Health & Human Services website. If you have general Senior Project Fresh questions, please call Copper Country Senior Meals at (906) 483-1155.